Tips to Lower Your Energy Costs - A “Fine Tune” for the Winter Months Ahead
It’s a fact, your heating system will last longer and conserve precious energy with regular system maintenance. Here’s how and why.
On average, American families spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year to heat and cool their homes. That’s the bad news. The good news is that it’s relatively easy to cut those energy costs.
For starters, check your window caulking for cracks. The better your windows and their insulation, the more you’ll save on your fuel bill. Here are other energy-saving steps you’ll want to take:
- Clean or change your heating system filter monthly.
- Seal and insulate your air ducts. Heat loss from leaky, un-insulated ducts reduces the efficiency of your heating system by as much as 30%.
- Vacuum the cobwebs from your registers.
- Vacuum the fins on your baseboard heaters.
What’s more, have your system cleaned and checked before the heating season gets underway. That way, we can spot small problems before they become large repair bills. We can ensure the safe operation of your system and keep it running at maximum efficiency. Here are a few steps included in our Clean & Check service:
- Start up the system and check all working components.
- Check Filter.
- Check for flue pipe leaks.
- Check safety controls.
- Check for proper air flow.
- Run capacitors.
- Blower wheel inspection.
- Test amperages on motor.
- Test for gas leaks.
- Lubricate all necessary parts.
- And more!
Here are some additional ways to enhance your indoor comfort while reducing energy consumption:
- Whole house humidifier.
- Automatic set-back thermostat
- Whole house air filtration.
Contact Us Now to Get your Furnace Cleaned & Checked Before the Winter Season Sets In!